Master of Education Entrance Test 2016
University of Patna conducted MEET 2016 for admission to Master of Education (MEd) course of 2016 session
Eligibility for Patna University MEET MEd Admission 2016
Applicants who have obtained at last 55 percent marks in the Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) Degree or any other qualification equivalent thereto duly recognized by the UGC and NCTE are eligible to appear at MEd Entrance Test (MEET), however there shall be a relaxation of 5 percent marks in favour of SC / ST / OBC and other reserved category of Applicants as defined by the state govt.
A person appearing at the qualifying examination as mentioned above may also apply for admission to M.Ed Course and will be eligible for sitting at entrance test (MEET), but she / he will have to produce the result of the qualifying examination with the criteria mentioned above, to the university at least seven days before the date of publication of MEET result as fixed by the Patna University. If the Applicant fails to submit the copy of marks sheet of qualifying examination in the university before the deadline, her/his candidature will be automatically cancelled
Number of Seats: 50 (Fifty)
Selection Procedure for MEET 2016
Admission will be made strictly in order of merit i.e. percentage of marks secured by the Applicants at the Entrance Test (i.e. MEET) conducted by the Patna University, subject to fulfilling of the eligibility conditions mentioned at the proper place in the Prospectus and availability of seats in M.Ed course for which the Applicant has applied for the Entrance Test
To qualify for admission to MEd Course, an applicant should obtain minimum of 45 percent marks at the Entrance Test held for the purpose provided that said minimum marks may suitably be lowered by the Vice-Chancellor on recommendation of the Head of the Dept of Education
Reservations and Related Information
80 percent seats are reserved for the Applicants having B.Ed degree from Patna University and remaining 20 percent for the Applicants having B.Ed degree from other university provided they fulfill the requirements as mentioned above in the eligibility conditions and must have obtained the minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 45 percent) at the entrance test
SC, ST, EBC, BC, BC Women and Physically challenged Applicants will get reservations per Govt of Bihar Rules declared time to time and adopted by the Patna University
Reservation of seats will be applicable only when the Applicant fulfils the minimum eligibility conditions and must have obtained the minimum qualifying marks (i.e. 45 percent) at the entrance test
The reserved category Applicants shall have to submit a copy of the certificate issued by the competent authority (DM / SDO / CO)
Applicants belonging to the physically handicapped category shall have to submit a copy of the disability certificate issued by the District CMO / Civil Surgeon with the Application Form
How to Apply..?
The Applicant may also download the Prospectus and the Application Form from the website of the Patna University (www.patnauniversity.ac.in)
In that case, they will have to submit an additional draft of Rs 500/- (other than the draft of entrance Fee) along with the Application Form in favour of “Head Department of Education” (as the charge of Application Form)
It means, they will have to submit two drafts one in favour of “Controller of Examinations, Patna University” (of Rs 1000/-) and another in favour of “Head Department of Education” (of Rs 500/-)
In no case a joint draft of Rs.1500/- will be accepted
MEET 2016 Application Form Submission: Application Form can be submitted to the PG Department of Education, Patna University, Dariyapur, Patna; application Form can also be sent by Registered Post/ Speed Post to the Head, P.G. Department of Education, Patna University, Baripath, Dariyapur, Patna- 800004
Prospectus and Application Form: Rs 500/-Only, in cash or by demand draft (DD) in favour of “Head Department of Education”.
MEET 2016 Entrance Test Fee: Rs 1000/- through separate demand draft (DD) in favour of Controller of Examinations, Patna University.
Tags: master of education entrance test, med admission, med courses, MEd Entrance Exam, MEd Entrance Test, meet 2016 notification, online entrance exam, online med courses, patna university med admission, patna university med courses, patna university med entrance test, patna university meet 2016, patna university meet med entrance test 2016