PhD Admission in Law 2016 at NLU Odisha
Important Dates for Phd Admission 2016
Issue of Notification: May 15th 2016
Last date for Receiving Application Forms: June 18th 2016
Entrance Examination: June 27th 2016
Presentation of Research Proposals: July 01st 2016
Date of Admission: Will be notified on the Website
Eligibility for Phd Admission in Law 2016
- An applicant seeking admission to PhD Degree programme must have: Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University securing not less than 55 percent marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Master’s Degree in Law from any recognized University with 50 percent marks or its equivalent in grade and have had at least five years full-time teaching / judicial / professional / administrative experience in the subject; or
- Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with not less than 55 percent marks or its equivalent in grade; or
- Obtained a Degree in Law and a Masters Degree in Social Sciences or Humanities, Management Studies or Sciences from any recognized University with 50 percent marks and have had at least five years full time teaching / judicial / professional / administrative experience in the subject; or obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Humanities or Management from any recognize University with 55 percent marks and have had at least two years of teaching experience; or
- PhD in any discipline; or
- Judge of any State High Court in India or the Supreme Court of India Provided that applicants with qualifications in Social Sciences, Humanities and Sciences shall be admitted to the programme, if the research they wish to pursue, interfaces with the discipline of Law.
Selection Procedure for Phd Admission in Law 2016
Submitted application forms will to be screened, and applicants found eligible will be required to appear for an entrance examination in NLUO campus only.
Foreign nationals and applicants who have passed the NET or JRF examinations are exempted from appearing in the entrance exam; in subjects where NET examinations are not conducted, appearing for the admission exam is mandatory.
The Entrance Test shall consist of one paper of 150 marks with 2 hours duration. The syllabus of the paper shall cover:
a) Research Aptitude: Research; Meaning, Characteristics and Types, Steps of Research, Methods of Research, Research Ethics, Sources, Acquisition and Interpretation of Data, Quantitative and Qualitative Data, Graphical Representation and Mapping of Data.
b) Constitutional Law of India: Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy, Judiciary, Parliament and State Legislature, Amendment of the Constitution, Writ Jurisdiction.
c) Legal Theory: Nature and Sources of Law, Positivism, Natural Law Theory, Sociological Jurisprudence, Theories of Punishment, Rights and Duties, Concept and Possession and Ownership.
Qualifying Criteria: The applicants need to secure 50percent Marks in order to qualify for the stage of presentation.
Fee Structure: Application Fee Rs3000/-; Registration Fee Rs25000/-; Coursework Exam Fee Rs1000/-; Thesis Evaluation Fee (at time of submission of thesis) Rs20,000/-; Continuation fees if not completed within three years Rs10,000/- per year for a maximum of 2years and thesis resubmission in fee (if applicable) Rs20,000/-.
NLU Phd Course Application Form
Applications may be downloaded from the university website www.nluo.ac.in
Applicants are required to submit the following:
- Completed application form
- A demand draft (DD) of Rs.3000/- drawn in favour of “Registrar National Law University Odisha”
- Attested photocopies of eligibility qualification certificates and mark sheets;
- One set of published papers, monographs, articles and books (if applicable);
- Certificate from the Institution concerned testifying the length of service (if required);
- A passport size photograph.
The completed application form along with the enclosures listed above are to be sent via registered post/courier or delivered by hand at the following address the Registrar, NLUO, Kathajodi Campus, Sector 13 CDA, Cuttack-753015 (old PIN code: 753014) Odisha.
Tags: national law university, national law university phd course, nlu odisha, nlu odisha law entrance, nlu odisha phd admission, nlu odisha phd course, nlu odisha phd in law, nlu odisha phd programme, online doctoral courses, online doctoral program, online phd courses, online phd degrees, online phd programs, phd admission, phd admission in law 2016, phd application form, Phd Courses, phd degree, phd degree online, phd entrance test, phd written test