MPhil and PhD Admission 2016 at NALSAR University of Law Hyderabad
For 1year M.Phil Degree in Law – 10 (Ten) Seats.
For PhD Degree – Constitutional Law-02, IPR – 03, Personal Law-05, International Law-03, Social Movements / Sociology of Law-03, Disability Rights-01, Legal Theory-01, Environmental Law-04, Labour Laws-03: Administrative Law-03: Criminal Law-03, Corporate Law-03: Aviation Law-02, International Trade Law-01, Business Administration-04, General-03.
Eligibility Criteria for M.Phil and PhD Admission 2016
M.Phil in Law Programme: Applicants should have LLM Degree from any recognized University securing not less than ‘B+’ Grade or an aggregate of 55% marks or its equivalent (50% marks or its equivalent in case of applicants belonging to SC/ST/Persons with Disability).
Applicants who have appeared in the qualifying examination but awaiting results are also eligible to apply.
PhD in Law Programme: To be eligible for admission to PhD degree, the applicant should have:
- Obtained a Master’s Degree in Law from a recognized University with not less than 55% marks or its equivalent (or) Provided that applicants with qualifications in social sciences, humanities and sciences may be admitted to the program if the research they wish to pursue interfaces with the discipline of law with a special focus on Public Policy or Law (or).
- Judge of any State High Court in India with three years experience or Judge of Supreme Court of India (or).
- Passed the Company Secretary Exam conducted by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India and awarded the Associate Membership of the Institute (ACS).
- Passed the final exam of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi (or).
- Provided that the requirement of 55% marks or equivalent in the Master’s Degree is relaxed to 50% marks or equivalent in the case of SC/ST applicants and persons with disability.
Selection Procedure for M.Phil and PhD Admission 2016
Applicants will be selected on the basis of their performance in the written test and interview conducted by the university.
Applicants who have qualified for UGC NET/JRF/SLET/M.Phil are exempted from taking the admission test.
All qualified applicants shall submit a research proposal on the proposed topic of their research on or before a date to be notified by the University.
Entrance Exam Pattern
Total Marks: 100
Duration: 2½ Hours
The Examination will test the research and writing aptitude of the applicants through essay, comprehension and précis writing.
How to Apply?
The Application Form can be downloaded from the University website and the filled in form must be sent along with a Demand Draft (DD) for Rs.2000/- (Rs.1000/- in case of SC & ST applicants along with Caste Certificate) in favour of “Registrar, NALSAR University of Law” payable at Hyderabad.
NALSAR University admission application form can be downloaded from NALSAR University of Law Hyderabad Website www.nalsar.ac.in
Important Dates for MPhil and PhD Admission 2016
Last date for Submission of Application Form: September 19th 2016 (Monday)
Date of Written Test: October 15th 2016 (Saturday, 02.00 pm to 04.30 pm)