M.Phil Admission 2017 at Kurukshetra University | M.Phil Courses 2017
Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra has invited applications for admission to M.Phil Courses for 2017 sessions.
MPhil Course with sanctioned seats is offered in the following subjects:
Hindi – (20 Seats), Education – (35 Seats), Panjabi – (20 Seats), Music – (15 Seats), English – (15 Seats), Political Science – (12 Seats), History – (15 Seats), Sanskrit – (15 Seats), Public Administration – (15 Seats), Ancient Indian History, Cultural and Arch – (10 Seats), Philosophy – (10 Seats), Commerce – (12 Seats), Journalism and Mass Communication – (15 Seats), Psychology – (20 Seats), Tourism and Hotel Management – (20 Seats), Mathematics – (10 Seats), Geography – (15 Seats), Library and Information Science – (15 Seats), Sociology – (10 Seats).
- All India Category including Haryana: 15 percent
- Bonafide Residents of Haryana: 85 percent
(70 percent of the seats earmarked for bonafide residents of Haryana will be reserved for the categories as mentioned at (B) below, as per State Govt. policy and remaining 30 percent seats will be filled from among Haryana General Category).
M.Phil Application Date 2017
Online submission of Application Form commence from: September 18th 2017
Last date for submission of Online Application Form: October 10th 2017
Last date for receipt of print out of Application Form alongwith relevant documents: October 13th 2017
Date of Entrance Test at K.U.K. except M.Phil (Education): October 14th 2017 (11.00 am)
Date of Entrance Test of M.Phil (Education) at KUK: October 14th 2017 at 2.00 p.m.
Date of declaration of Entrance Test Result: October 16th 2017
Date of Counseling in the concerned Dept./Institute: October 23rd 2017
Classes will be started from: October 24th 2017
Reservation of Seats
- Scheduled Castes: 20 percent
- Backward Classes of Haryana (except socially advanced persons/Sections (creamy layer): 27 percent (16 percent for Block-A) (11 percent for Block-B)
- Special Backward Classes (except socially advanced persons/Sections (creamy layer): 10 percent
- Economically Backward Persons in the General Castes Category: 10 percent
- (v) Differently Abled: 03 percent
M.Phil Eligibility Criteria 2017
The minimum eligibility condition is Master’s Degree in the concerned subject from Kurukshetra University or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto with at least 55 percent marks.
The condition of marks in the Master’s Degree shall be relaxable upto 50 percent in the case of University appointed or approved teachers with at least three years service as such.
For Scheduled Castes Applicants: Minimum eligibility condition will be pass marks in the qualifying examination i.e. Master’s Degree in the respective subject.
5 percent relaxation in minimum eligibility condition will be given to Differently Abled applicants.
There shall be no rounding of percentage of marks from 54.5 percent and above to 55 percent.
Admission will be made by the Departmental Committee(s) in accordance with rules and regulations and the criteria laid down for admission.
Applicants having MBA degree is not eligible for admission to M.Phil (Commerce).
M.Phil Admission Fees
The amount of tuition fee and other charges payable by each student for M.Phil will be Rs.6800/-.
In addition to this, in departments where the practical component is involved, each student will be required to pay an extra amount of Rs.2500/- (Rs.1250/- for SC Applicants) as Lab charges at the time of admission.
Tuition fees and other monthly dues will be payable for 12 months in a year.
M.Phil Application Form 2017
Prospectus containing details and admission form can be obtained from Manager (PandP), Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra by remitting a sum of Rs 800/- (Rs 200/- for SC / BC / Blind applicants of Haryana) by demand draft (DD) in favour of Registrar, Kurukshetra University payable at Kurukshetra, if required by post.
Price at the counter is Rs 800/- (Rs 200/- SC / BC / Blind applicants of Haryana).
Prospectus can also be downloaded from website www.kuk.ac.in and Rs800/- (Rs 200/- for SC / BC / Blind applicants of Haryana) may be deposited by the applicant in any CBS branch of PNB in India or send demand draft (DD) in favour of Registrar, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra with the downloaded form.
Last date for receipt of application form is October 13th 2017.
Tags: ku mphil admission, ku mphil courses, kurukshetra university mphil admission, kurukshetra university mphil courses, m.phil admission, master courses, master degree, master of philosophy, mphil admission 2017, mphil courses 2017, mphil degree, mphil programme, online mphil courses, online mphil programs, philosophy admission, research courses, research program