JNV Selection Test for Class 9 Admission 2021– Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has invited applications from the eligible applicants for admission to Class IX of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas of the District, against the vacant seats, which are likely to be available during the academic year 2021-2022.
Applicants can check out the details of the JNV Selection Test 2021 for Class 9 Admission such as eligibility, application process, fee, test pattern, admit card, etc from the page below.
About of NVS
As envisaged in National Policy of Education (NEP), 1986, Govt. of India set co-educational residential institutions named Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas in 28 States and 07 UTs excluding Tamil Nadu. At present, there are 646 functional JNVs spread over 27 States and 08 UTs.
The main objective of these Vidyalayas is to provide quality modern education to the children predominantly from rural areas. Though the admission into these Vidyalayas is at VI class, it is intended to fill vacant seats with a lateral entry test at IX Class level.
|Name of the Exam||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test|
|Conducting body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS)|
|Admission level||National level|
Objectives of the Scheme
- To provide good quality modern education including a strong component of culture, inculcation of values, awareness of the environment, children from rural areas irrespective of their family’s socioeconomic condition.
- To ensure that students attain a reasonable level of competency in three languages as envisaged in Three Language Formula.
- To serve in each district as focal point for improvement of quality of school education in general through sharing of experiences and facilities
JNV Selection Test for Class 9 Admission 2021 Important Dates
|Availability of Application form||04th November 2020|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||15th December 2020|
|Dispatch of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Date of Examination||13th February 2021|
Eligibility Criteria for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Class 9 Admission 2021
- Only those applicants who are studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2020-21 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
- Applicants appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2020-21 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
- A applicant seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2005 & 30.04.2009 (both days inclusive). This is applicable to all categories of applicants including those who belong to the SC/ST.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any applicant to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the applicant, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the applicant before confirmation of admission.
- The existing vacant seats in the SC/ST category as notified are reserved for the SC/ST students. Tentative vacancy position mentioned in the notification may be referred
JNV Selection Test for Class 9 Admission 2021 Application Process
- Online applications may be submitted from 04th November 2020. The applicant may refer to NVS Hqrs. Website www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in or website of JNVs. Last date to apply is 15th December 2020.
- As JNV provides free education, therefore, there is no application fee for the JNV Lateral Entry Test 2021. Students from class IX to Class XI have to give only a nominal fee as per NVS policy.
- However, children belonging to SC/ST, Girls and families whose income is below the poverty line (BPL) are exempted from payment of fee.
- From class 9th there will be a fee of INR 600/- per annum.
- The wards of government employees need to pay Rs.1500/-
- There will be no fee for students of the SC/ST category
Also See: Navodaya Vidyalaya Entrance Exam 2021
JNV Class 9 Selection Test Pattern
|Date of Exam||Saturday 13th February 2021|
|Time Duration||2 ½ hours (10:00 AM to 12:30 PM)|
|Centre for Exam||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya|
|Medium of Language||Both in English and Hindi|
|Type of Question||MCQs|
|Composition of the Test|
|Selection Test will consist of questions from the subjects of Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Difficulty level of the test paper shall be of Class VIII.|
|Nature of the Selection Test|
JNV Class 9 Selection Test 2021 Admit Card
- Admit Card for appearing at the Selection Test will be released for the applicants. If the applicants do not get the Admit Card, he/she must contact the office of the Principal of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya for obtaining the Admit Card.
- Link to download the admit card is provided below for the sake of applicants. To download the admit card, applicants have to use their Registration Number and password.
- Link to download JNV Lateral Entry Admit Card 2021 for Class IX will be available www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in
Result of Selection Test
- Result of the Selection Test may be noted from the application portal of NVS through which the application is submitted.
- Results will be notified in the Vidyalaya Notice Board as well as published in the website of JNVs concerned. Selected applicants will also be intimated by Speed post and SMS.
Selection & Admission
- Selection in the selection test will not vest any right upon the applicant to secure admission into JNV till the applicant produces all the relevant certificates such as birth certificate, pass certificate of VIII class with mark sheets, SC/ST certificate, if any, as prescribed by NVS for the admission.
- Details of the marks obtained in the test will not be communicated and there is no provision for re-checking/re-totalling.
- Applicants will be considered for the admission only into that Vidyalaya for which he/she has appeared for Selection Test.
- At the time of admission, applicants belonging to SC/ST & OBCs categories will have to produce the required SC/ST or OBC Certificate issued by the competent authority.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of NVS will be final and binding on the applicants