Mphil in Psychiatric Social Work 2017 at GGSIU, Delhi
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIU) Delhi has invited applications for admissions to the M.Phil Programme in Psychiatric Social Work for 2017 sessions through Common Entrance Test (CET).
Name of CET: M.Phil. (Psychiatric Social Work) [CET Code: 199].
Minimum educational requirement for admission to this course will be M.A. degree in Social Work from a University recognizsed by the UGC with a minimum of 55% marks in aggregate. For SC/ST category, minimum of 50% marks in aggregate is essential, as per Govt. of Rules.
Applicants with MA degree by correspondence course, part-time course or by distance education are not eligible.
The CET shall be followed by an interview, of the qualified applicants of the CET, for admission to this programme. Weightage of marks will be 90% for CET and 10% for the interview and practical, as per RCI. The applicants shall be called in the ratio of 01 Seat: 03 applicants for the purpose of the interview (category-wise).
Applicants must appear in the CET conducted and the interview/ practicals; absence in any part of the CET, practical, interview shall make the applicant ineligible for admissions; the admissions would be based on the merit/ rank in the CET (all components) and the eligibility.
Preparation of CET Merit
The inter-se-merit of applicants securing equal aggregate marks in CET will be determined according to the following criteria:
i) Applicants getting higher marks in aggregate (CET & Practicals/ Interview total) shall rank higher.
ii) In case of tie in (i) above, the applicant older in age shall rank higher.
Scheme of the Tests
- The test paper will contain 150 objective-type questions in all. Out of these, only one correct; or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet.
- Each question shall carry four marks. There will be negative marking for incorrect answer. One mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
- The written test will be of two and a half hour duration and will carry 600 marks.
- The medium of the tests will be English only.
- Applicants should bring a black ball point to the Exam hall for writing/ marking responses (darkening the ovals) on OMR answer sheets. Use of pencil is not allowed.
- For those who are unable to appear in the test on the scheduled date for any reason, retest will not be held by the University under any circumstances.
How to Apply?
All the applicants shall submit application forms only through online mode for the CET 2017
The Application Form is available at the University website www.ipu.ac.in. The application form along with the Common Entrance Test Fee of Rs.1000/- excluding processing charges and taxes, as applicable.
The Admit Cards can be downloaded by using applicants applicant’s log-in ID and password, online.
Only Indian Citizens applicants are eligible for admission through this admission brochure. Terms and conditions notified in this brochure and Part A of the general admission brochure, and notices and circulars notified time to time on the University Website www.ipu.ac.in, shall be binding on all applicants. In case of any dispute, the decision of the Vice-Chancellor, Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi shall be final.
Important Dates for Mphil Program in Psychiatric Social Work
Last date for Application Submission: March 28th 2017
Date of CET: April 22nd 2017 (10.30 AM – 01.00 PM)
Declaration of Result of CET: May 09th 2017