- UG Admissions 2017 at Delhi University | Undergraduate Courses Eligibility, Application Form, Selection Procedure, Dates and more
UG Admissions 2017 at Delhi University | Undergraduate Courses Eligibility, Application Form, Selection Procedure, Dates and more
University of Delhi has invited applications for admissions to various undergraduate courses (merit based) for all colleges for 2017-18 sessions. The online registration will start from May 22nd 2017.
Undergraduate Courses are offered by the University through its affiliated colleges in four major streams of studies namely Arts / Humanities / Music and Fine Arts, Commerce, Mathematical Sciences and Sciences under different faculties. The same are summarized below:
- Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Financial Investment Analysis)
- B.A.(Hons.) Business Economics
- B.A. (Hons.) Humanities and Social Sciences
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed.)
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Education, Health Education & Sports: B.Sc. (P.E., H.E. & S.)
- B.A. (Hons.) Multimedia and Mass Communication
- B.Tech. (Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations)
- B.A. (Hons.) Music
Details of Courses
Faculty of Arts / Humanities/Music and Fine Arts
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts [Vocational]
Bachelor of Arts [Hons.]
Arts: B.A (Hons) Arabic, Applied Psychology, Bengali, English, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Persian, Philosophy, Psychology, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Spanish, Urdu
Humanities: B.A (Hons) Economics, Geography, History, Political Science, Social Work, Sociology
Applied Social Sciences: Hindi Patrakarita, Journalism
Music and Fine Arts: Hindustani Music, Karnatak Music, and Percussion Music
Faculty of Commerce
Bachelor of Commerce; Bachelor of Commerce [Hons]
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science – Mathematical Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Mathematics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Statistics
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Computer Science
Faculty of Sciences
- Bachelor of Science [Hons.] – Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry, Biomedical Science, Biological Sciences, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, Geology, Home Science, Instrumentation, Microbiology, Physics, Polymer Sciences, Food Technology, Zoology
- Bachelor of Science – Applied Physical Sciences (Analytical Methods in Chemistry and Bio-chemistry), Applied Physical Sciences (Industrial Chemistry), Applied Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences
- Bachelor of Science (Pass) – Home Science
Delhi University UG Admission Eligibility Criteria 2017
Qualifying examinations for the purpose of admission to the first year of undergraduate courses offered by the University shall be Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (Class XII) of the Central Board of Secondary Education or an exam recognized as equivalent thereto.
Applicant seeking admission to the courses offered by the University should have passed the qualifying examination obtaining minimum marks as specified for each of the courses in subsequent sections.
Age Requirement: There is no minimum age bar for admission to undergraduate courses in the University and its colleges except in professional courses where regulatory body prescribes minimum age requirement (such as MCI, AICTE etc) (Ordinance I).
Delhi University Admission 2017 Application Procedure
Applicants have to logging into the website www.du.ac.in for online registration. Applicants can fill Delhi University Admission Form from as per the schedule.
Online Registration: The admissions to various colleges of the University of Delhi are based either on merit or entrance. Applicants seeking admission to UG merit based programmes/courses must register on a centralized admission Web Portal.
Applicants seeking admission to UG entrance test based need to apply on a separate portal for which the registration will start from May 31st 2017.
To Register online, an applicant must visit the following URL: http://ug.du.ac.in; the Undergraduate (merit based) Admission Portal of the University of Delhi is responsive (mobile/tab friendly). However, the webpage may appear different on different devices. The instructions given below are for the webpage as it appears on a desktop/laptop.
As a first time user, applicant shall go to “New Applicant Sign Up” to create the user account by clicking on the “New Registration” link.
Foreign nationals are advised to contact Foreign Students’ Registry Office or visit http://fsr.du.ac.in to apply for admission in the University of Delhi.
There is an additional fee of Rs. 100 to apply under ECA category.
Applicants may also send general and technical queries related to online registration and admission process at email@example.com and can call on the helpline numbers. You can also send your grievances under the menu ‘Admission Helpline’.
Equal Opportunity Cell, Arts Faculty Tutorial Building, North Campus, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007, Joint Dean Students Welfare Office, Arts Faculty, South Campus, University of Delhi, Delhi-110002.
Delhi University Admission 2017 Important Dates
Starting Date for Online Registration: June 16th 2017
Closing Date for Online Registration: June 25th 2017
Date of Conduct of Entrance Exam: June 2017
Commencement of Classes: July 20th 2017
Tags: bachelor degrees, Delhi University, delhi university admission form 2017, delhi university admissions 2017, delhi university application form, du ug admissions, online ug courses, ug admission in delhi, ug admissions, ug admissions 2017, Undergraduate courses, university of delhi ug courses