PhD Admission 2018 at Bharathiar University
Bharathiar University PhD Admissions 2018: Bharathiar University has invited applications from eligible applicants for regular PhD Programs (Full-Time and Part-Time) for the academic year 2018-19 offered in the University Departments/ Affiliated Colleges and Recognized Research Institutions. It is NOT for CATEGORY-B Stream.
PhD Degree Holders: Minimum Period (Full Time – 3 yrs.; Part Time 4 yrs.) and Maximum Period (Full Time: 5 yrs., Part Time 6 yrs.).
Bharathiar University PhD Admission Dates 2018
Last Date for Submission of Forms: March 26th, 2018
Bharathiar University PhD Programs Offered
PhD Programs are offered in the following disciplines in the University Depts. as Full Time & Part Time Courses.
I. School of Life Sciences
- Department of Botany, Bio-informatics, Environmental Sciences, Zoology, Human Genetics and Molecular Biology, BU – DRDO Centre for Life Sciences.
II. School of Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering
- Department of Microbial Biotechnology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry.
III. School of Commerce:
- Department of Commerce
IV. Bharathiar School of Mgt and Entrepreneur & Development (BSMED)
V. School of Chemical Sciences:
- Department of Chemistry
VI. School of Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Computer Applications, Computer Science, Information Technology.
VII. School of Education Studies
- Department of Communication & Media Studies, Educational Technology, Education, Physical Education, Extension Career Guidance and Students Welfare.
VIII. School of Physical Sciences
- Department of Physics, Medical Physics, Nanoscience and Technology, Electronics & Instrumentation.
IX. School of Economics:
- Department of Economics, Econometrics
X. School of Mathematics and Statistics
- Department of Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics.
XI. School of Social Science
- Department of Social Work, Women’s Studies, Textiles & Apparel Design, Sociology and Population Studies, Psychology, Library and Information Science.
XII. School of Tamil & other Indian Languages
- Department of Tamil
XIII. School of English & other Foreign Languages
- Department of Linguistics, English & Foreign Languages
Bharathiar University PhD Eligibility Criteria
The applicants should have passed a PG degree course (i.e., SSLC+HSC+UG+PG) or (SSLC+Pre-degree+1+UG+PG) or 10-year SSLC plus 3-year Diploma plus two year UG degree and two year PG (10+3+2+2) or four year UG degree and one year master’s degree (10+2+4+1).
The applicant possessing a PG degree with 17 years of total duration of study alone is eligible for admission to PhD Program.
Applicants belonging to the following categories are eligible to register for PhD (Full-Time / Part Time) Program.
Full-time/Part-time (with or without stipend/fellowship):
Applicant having a minimum 55% (5% relaxation for SC/ST applicants in the minimum eligibility) marks in the qualifying exams.
The part-time applicants belonging to any one of the following categories working as the teacher in Dept. of the University or an affiliated College of this University /Higher Secondary School / High School/Middle School/Polytechnics within Tamil Nadu, recognized/approved by the Govt. Subjects like Engineering, Medicine, Law & Agriculture are not eligible to register under Bharathiar University.
Private/Public Ltd., Company registered under the Companies Act.
Bharathiar University PhD Reservation
- 31% for open Competition
- 30% for backward classes, within this 3.5% for Muslims and 3.5 % for Christians
- 20% for most backward class and denitrified community / DNC
- 18% for scheduled castes [SC (A)] 3 %
- 01% for Scheduled Tribes
Bharathiar University PhD Selection Process
Admission will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the PG degree, Common Entrance Test (CET July 2018 only) and the interview conducted at the time of admission.
Bharathiar University PhD Application Form
Application Form & Prospectus for PhD (FT/PT) Programs can be downloaded from the University Website www.b-u.ac.in.
The filled in applications should reach to the University, concerned colleges and the Research Institution on or before March 26th, 2018 (05.00 pm).